Tuesday, August 7, 2007

The world's gonna wake up and see Baltimore and me...

Sunday night I had the pleasure of seeing the new Hairspray movie. I loved it! I didn't know the show that well, I only knew a couple of songs and I loved it. A lot of people who have seen the movie and have also seen the Broadway show think the movie is only mediocre. BUT because I have never seen it done on stage I thought it was great! The plot of the show is great also. I just thought it was about a bigger girl who couldn't get the part she wanted, but it's a lot more than just that. It's all about acceptance of EVERYONE. Big, small, black, white, purple, doesn't matter. So, I really liked that aspect.
I am quite certain that Chris and I are going to go see the show at the MSMT in a week or so. So, I'll be able to judge between the stage and the movie. I guarantee I'll like the stage better, but nevertheless I really really like the movie.
So, if you like musicals (or even if you don't. my brother's girlfriend, who doesn't like musicals or anything, loved it) GO SEE IT. It's fabulous.
Later, gators!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the review. I'm sure I'll like it too.

Anonymous said...

I haven't seen the movie. I loved the original John Waters movie. Let us know how the show in Brunswick is.