Sunday, October 14, 2007

Gotta love fire alarms...

So, last night Alyssa and I got home around 1:30ish from a fun-filled evening with good friends. We then preceded to crawl our way to bed and begin to drift off. But drift off is the only thing we could do because at around 2 in the morning the fire alarm started BLARING. When I say blaring I mean, BLARING. That little light on the damn thing was flashing too. So, I practically fall off my bunk bed, I grab my mainecard(key) and a jacket and we head downstairs and outside along with the 400 other residents of my dorm. It was a rather funny sight, actually. I wish I would have grabbed my camera. 400 college students standing around in PJs. Funny! So, about 15 minutes later the fire truck showed up (okay, seriously, if it was a real fire the place would have been burned to the ground by the time the truck got there) and they shut the alarm off and everyone began to cheer (most likely waking up the residents of our 2 neighbor dorms) and went back inside. And here's another fun little tidbit, the residents of the dorm will be having to split up a $2000 charge on our student bills for the moron who pulled the alarm. OY VEY.
Later, gators.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is not fair. You should tell them to call me.

Anonymous said...

That is crazy. I hope someone narcs on him. I am sure it was a guy.