Thursday, October 25, 2007

Homeward Bound...

I'm looking forward to spending the weekend at home. I am heading down tomorrow after classes. Saturday I am getting a MUCH needed haircut! So, that's exciting! Saturday night, I am spending time with one of my oldest and best friends, Brian. Brian and I met in 6th grade. We didn't hit it off at first, actually I hated his guts. He was rather ignorant at the time, and would openly spew his anti-gay comments around me. At that time, I didn't know how to handle my emotions and it would just make me really angry and I'd cry. By 7th grade we got along better and with each passing year Brian and I became closer and closer. During high school he went through an extremely brave and difficult ordeal. Brian was raised Jehovah Witness and so when he came out, as being gay, during senior year, his family pretty much disowned him. And to this day he rarely speaks with them, because they choose not to. It makes me sad that someone as funny, and talented, and smart as Brian has to live by himself & work constantly (to try to raise money to go to school) just because of who he is. So, whenever I get the chance to hang out with him, I do. Because I miss him but also so that he knows he ISN'T alone and that there are people that accept him for who he is 150%. We were Ends together senior year, and that photo was taken backstage during Chizzle Wizzle senior year. He was donning his very famous "Laura Richmond" costume. :) So, yes, Saturday night we are heading to Waterville to see Keltie's dance recital. We always go see opera house events together. And he's always cheering me on in any show I am in. No matter where it is, no matter how far he has to drive, I can always count on Brian in the audience clapping the loudest. So, I am excited to see him. He is one of the bravest, most loyal, and loving people I know and I wish that his family could see that and look past the fact that he's gay. BUT, in the meantime, he knows that he has many friends who care about him and will always support him. :)
So! Yeah, I'll give you guys an update on how the dance recital is!! :)
Later, gators!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

you are a good friend to brian and all the gays. We appreciate your kind. :-)

Anonymous said...

Being proud of you is never difficult.

Anonymous said...

Brian has a wonderful friend in you. It's nice you're still hanging out. Why is she having a dance recital in the fall??