Wednesday, October 17, 2007

20 years old!


So, today was my 20th birthday!!! The day went well, in general. I began it by being serenaded when I walked into Music History class. That was embarrassing...okay, I loved it. Then I had piano class, which is always a bit stressful for me because I struggle with it, but I always learn a lot. I then had lunch with friends in the union. And headed to Sight Singing/Ear Training class in which I got a test back. It was definitely a birthday treat to get it back and see that I hadn't failed miserably. After that class I came back to the room, did some math homework and then went to opera rehearsal for like a half hour. Then Alyssa and I had dinner. THEN we headed over to Minsky for the Women's Composer Concert which I was singing with Athena Consort in. It was a looong concert, but good nonetheless. After the concert Alyssa, Jesse, Lisa and myself went to Dysart's for a bit of a late night snack. I had never been to Dysart's, so of course Jesse (who works there) felt the need to tell every employee, trucker, and random person there that it was my birthday and that I had never been to Dysart's. I got many "Happy Birthdays" and many "Welcome to Dysarts!" tonight. It was really yummy though. I got the french toast. It was scrumptious. So, all in all I had a great birthday. It's weird to not be a teenager anymore. :)

Later, gators!

PS...Thanks to everyone who sent me cards in the mail, wrote blogs about me, called me, left me voicemails, text messaged me, IM'd me, and left me facebook comments. You all are wonderful and I love you a lot.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We used to stop at Dysarts when we went to tournament games when the kids were in HS. I glad they recognized your special day.

Anonymous said...

Did the french toast come with homemade hash?? I love Dysarts, and I'm especially glad you had a good birthday.