Saturday, September 20, 2008

I've begun the decorating process...

Hi all! So, I've begun the process of decorating my ever-so-white walls in my room. The other day I was over at my friend Emily's apartment and she had all these 4X6's of digital pictures that she had ordered prints of online. I thought that was such a good idea, because you can order prints for SO CHEAP online and I like having tangible pictures as well as digital ones, so I went online and ordered 40 prints and it cost me like 4 dollars. What a deal! Those came in the mail yesterday and I arranged them on homemade bulletin boards (pieces of cardboard) on my wall:

I also put the left-over ones around my door. Not only did my prints come yesterday, but my allposters.com posters came as well!! They are having a huge sale right now where thousands of their posters are $4.98! So, I bought 4 the other day! I bought this one for above the keyboard:

I think it looks nice because it has black & white in it, relates to music (John Lennon), and the flowers are pink (though they look red in this picture) so it matches the decor of my room.
Around my desk are these 2 posters:

The one on the left is titled "The Luncheon of the Boating Party" and is a painting done by Pierre Auguste Renoir in 1881. For some reason it just really caught my eye when I was browsing through the posters on the website. I think the 1800's lifestyle is fascinating, plus I thought my room needed a little culture. The one on the right is titled "Le Baiser" and it's a photo done by Leanne Pedersen. I really love black & white photography and apparently pictures of random people I don't know kissing, haha. I used to have the "Kissing the War Goodbye" poster in my room last year and that is BY FAR my favorite photo ever, but "Le Baiser" is also really touching.
Lastly, I have this one above my bed:

Sorry that my bed is a mess in this photo! Anyway, I love Audrey Hepburn and the pink, once again, matches my decor so I couldn't pass it up!

Anywho...I've still got lotsa space to decorate, so it should be an on-going project. It's nice though to have made this room a little more me! =) Alright, I should go. I have cleaning to do and errands and such and then the first Singers party of the year is tonight! So, it should be a good time! More soon. Later, gators!

PS: Here's the lowdown on dates for Singer's concerts & such...
November 8th- 7:30PM concert Minsky Recital Hall
November 9th- 2:00PM concert Minsky Recital Hall
December 7th- Yuletide Concert Time TBA Hauck Auditorium
March 9th-15th- TOUR TO MONTREAL
March 21st- 7:30PM concert Minsky Recital Hall
March 22nd- 2:00PM concert Minsky Recital Hall
That's all I know of right now!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmm. I notice there is one concert not far from my birthday. Perfect way to celebrate!

Anonymous said...

Looks like you've done a good job decorating. I think it is great about the singers. You make us more proud every day.
Mammie