Friday, September 5, 2008

The newest ensemble I'm in...and pics of the dog!

Hi everyone! I was extremely excited yesterday to find out that I have been accepted into Euphony this year! Euphony is a choral group that focuses on contemporary a capella music, much of which is composed by up and coming young composers. It was founded in 2006 and they're sooo good, so I'm really, really excited to be a part of that! To find out more about Euphony, click HERE and to hear them sing a song from last Fall's concert click HERE! I was placed as an alto 1 which is going to be really interesting. I've always only been a soprano 1 or 2, but my sight singing skills are going to improve SO MUCH after being an alto and I'm up for a challenge! =) So, yeah that was super exciting yesterday. We had our first rehearsal last night and it went really well. I find out about more ensembles and such next week so I'll keep ya'll updated!

On another note, I thought I'd include some pics of Domino, our roommates' doggy that inhabits our apartment. She is the sweetest dog in the whole world and warms up to just about everyone VERY quickly.
Here she is hanging out in my room with her chew toy...

And here she is with me...

She's super cute and we love her lots! Isn't she adorable?

Okay I should get going, I've got to finish some homework, take a shower, and make my way to campus for that thing called class. More soon! Later, gators!

PS..the time stamp really ticks me off. It's 7:36...not 6:20.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Mammie

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!! You've always been the best singer I've ever heard.

Anonymous said...

Awesome. Can't wait to go to a concert - and to meet the puppy.