Wednesday, March 26, 2008

It's Not That Simple...

Tonight my friend Jeremy and I went to a performance called "It's Not That Simple", which was hosted by the School of Performing Arts and organized by my RA from last year, Molly. It was, in a way, I guess a kick-off to Sexual Assault Awareness month, which is April. The show "incorporate[d] visual and performing arts including theatre, dance, music and new media. Through these different mediums, the show powerfully represent[ed] many different kinds of assault - including voyeurism, stalking, rape and domestic abuse - and the many emotions that sexual assault victims, and those who know them, experience." I thought it was very good. Many theatre friends were in it, so it was nice to see them perform.

On another note, my illness is almost gone. Knock on wood. I can at least stand up now without feeling as if I'm going to faint. And my lungs don't feel as if they are filled with liquid...so that's a welcome change. Hopefully within the next few days I'll be as good as new.

This weekend I am going to see Chizzle Wizzle. For anyone that doesn't know, Chizzle Wizzle is the variety show extravaganza at Cony High School and it's also the longest running high school production in the country...117 years this year! I was involved all 4 years in high school and the show will always hold a really special place in my heart. It was actually kind of tough to go see it last year because I was really jealous that I wasn't a part of it!! I'm sure I'll get a little bit of that itch again this year too...but it's a great show regardless! So, I'm looking forward to that! =)

Alright, I'm gonna go watch some TV.
Later, gators!

No comments: