Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Come look at the freaks!

There's a good reason I haven't written in eons. Tonight is the first night I've had off in months. Seriously! And it's all because of Side Show, the musical I am a part of right now. We opened this past weekend and it went so well! It's the story of true conjoined twins, Daisy and Violet Hilton who worked freak shows and eventually vaudeville in the 30s. I've heard nothing but positive reviews from all of my friends who have seen it, so if you have the chance to make it up this way I recommend seeing it. I've had a blast. We have 4 shows this weekend--Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday and I can't wait to have another full weekend of it. I love doing musical theatre soo much. I made a decision a long time ago that no matter where I end up and what my career is I WILL find a community theater near me and I will continue doing musical theatre because it's what I love to do more than anything.

As for everything else, all is well. The musical has pretty much been taking over my life, but tonight was a nice break. Classes are going well..there's less than 2 weeks until spring break! CRAZY! I feel like I JUST got back from Christmas break. Time fliiiiiiies. It'll be nice to be home for a week and then I have Singers tour for a week. We end in Montreal...woo! :) It should be a fantastic time and I am very excited!

Alright..bed time! More soon! :) Later, gators!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

creepy clowns like to look at me for hours.

Anonymous said...

I wish I could see it. I am glad you are enjoying it and are committed to the theater.

We have lots of community theater options here in your nation's capital.