Wednesday, February 25, 2009

The worst pies in London come to UMaine!

Today was a really exciting day! "Sweeney Todd" the touring Broadway production is going to be at the CCA tonight and I have tickets! On top of that, though, the lead (Sweeney Todd) is a man named David Janes..shown in the picture below:

and he is a graduate of UMaine as well as an alumni of the University Singers!! So, today he came into Singers and chatted with us! He's absolutely hilarious and it was so much fun being able to meet him and hear his perspective on the performing world and he came from right where I am now! It's a refreshing feeling! :) So, that was really exciting. I have really awesome seats (which is amazing because I just got my tickets today and other people have had theirs for months!) But I got rush tickets for $5 and I am sitting in the 8th row center. Woo! I'm really excited, I'll let ya'll know how the show is!

Gotta get going! :) Later, gators!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

AWESOME!!!! Have fun!

Anonymous said...

That's great. Tut & I saw that at the Brunswick Music Theater. I loved it.
Mammie

Anonymous said...

I'm so excited now! I hope you had fun. Do tell!

Anonymous said...

That show scares me, but very cool that an alum is headlining!