Saturday, June 23, 2007

Sly Fox...

Hello all. Tonight I am going with Chris to Lakewood Summer Theater in "skow-vegas" to see his dad perform in the play "Sly Fox". I've never been to Lakewood before so it'll be fun to check out another local theater. I've also never heard of the play "Sly Fox" but it looks pretty good.
This is the synopsis on www.lakewoodtheater.org:

To tickle the humor of today's audiences, Volpone has been moved from 17th century Venice to turn of the century San Francisco. Volpone is now called Foxwell J. Sly (Mark Nadeau) and he is the same scheming, rapacious miser bent on extracting fortunes from a trio of rich, greedy opportunists (Rick Fayen, Ken Ganza & Ron Veno). Sly, pretending to be on his death bed, says he will name each of the three as his sole heir. The extent that the trio will go to acquire Sly's fortune knows no bounds. One goes so far as to disinherit his only son; another offers up his wife to the lecherous Sly. Sly is aided and abetted by his conniving servant (Bobby Keniston) in grabbing the other men's gold.

I'm much more a musical theatre type person than I am a straight play kinda gal, but I appreciate all walks of theatre.
Speaking of musicals! My first rehearsal for Fame Forever is Monday. I am so thrilled to be in this show. I couldn't be more excited to get things rolling and to start making history. This will be a heckuva time! :) :) :)

Alright, I need to shower.
Later, gators!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like the Lakewood Theater. It is the first one I ever went to.