Sunday, July 22, 2007

Good Ole Old Hallowell Day...










Last night Chris and I went to the Old Hallowell Day festivites. It was really fun! That first shot (which I am quite proud of) is of the fireworks, the second shot is of the ever-so-charming hick crowd that Old Hallowell Day attracts, and the third is of Chris and me waiting for the fireworks to begin. It was a very fun evening. We started the evening off by going out to dinner at Cafe de Bangkok, and if you haven't been there I suggest you go. Excellent Thai food! I had the yellow curry, which I always get, and it was, as usual, scrumptious. I saw my brother's girlfriend Heather, her sister, Ashley and a couple of my bro's guy friends, Matt and Brian there too. Whaatta coincidence! My brother was at basketball camp all weekend and was super bummed that he had to miss Old Hallowell Day. So anyway, after dinner we had some time to kill so we went to the bank and then stopped at Chris' new organ gig for the summer, Penny Memorial Baptist Church. He wanted to show me the organ and I needed to pee, so it worked out well. :-P The church is very pretty and the organ, from what I can tell (I'm no organ genius), is really nice. So that was fun. After that we headed back to Hallowell and got some fried dough at the fried dough stand (yum! yum! yum!). Then we walked around for awhile and I saw lots of people from high school and whatnot and then the fireworks began. They were really good! Way better than the 4th of July ones I saw this year. Alright, well I am going with my mom to Waterville in a bit to pick up my brother from basketball camp and then I'm going to rehearsal later this evening. So, I will write more soon!!! Later, gators!!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you had fun!

Anonymous said...

I didn't even know Hallowell had "Old" days. Why was I never invited? They do have a gay pride parade, right?

Anonymous said...

I miss Old Hallowell Days! I sounds like you had a great time.