Tuesday, January 8, 2008

I think I know now...

I found this picture on flickr...
(http://www.flickr.com
/photos/commonroman/16287993/)
It's of "A DC public school student protest[ing] the use of hundreds of millions of tax dollars to build a new baseball stadium in Washington, DC, rather than fix ailing schools."
I think I know now, for sure, what I want to do with my life, and it's not from this picture...but this picture enhances my desire to teach in the inner city. Some people think I am crazy for wanting to do this, but I don't find it crazy. Music, for me, was readily available in my school with a fantastic music teacher. I want to be the Mrs. Beaudoin for kids in a place where it seems like there is no hope. I am sure it would be frustrating because I might be able to only reach 1 student out of hundreds, but knowing that through my teaching a student chose a life better than the one they are destined to would be worth it for me. I feel like I could do this.
We'll see if that's where life takes me.
Later, gators.

No comments: