Wednesday, October 8, 2008

College is a time to be thrifty...


My friend Liz is funky. She marches to the beat of her own drum and that's what I love about her. She also has the most unique style I've ever seen. Almost daily I find myself saying "Liz! That's so cute! Where'd you get it!?" and almost all of the time her answer, with a smile on her face, is "Goodwill!" So, tonight...Liz, Cory, and I ventured to the Bangor Goodwill to do a little "thrifting" as Liz puts it. It was super fun! I found a really cute black dress for 6 dollars and I also bought Alyssa a few records (she has a record player). Liz found a couple really cute things as well; she's a much more seasoned "thrifter" though, so she finds cute things more easily than I do. Anyways, I think I'll have to hit up Goodwill more often. You can find some really fantastic things in there for ridiculously cheap. It's funny to think back to middle school and high school when I wouldn't dare dream of shopping at Goodwill for fear of being "uncool" or whatever and now it's a blast. One woman's trash is another woman's treasure. :)

More soon! Later, gators!

No comments: