Thursday, October 23, 2008

"The future of this republic...

...is in the hands of the American voter." -Dwight D. Eisenhower

I did, indeed. Vote, that is. Today was early voting day at UMaine and I took advantage. Because I am no longer a campus resident I would have had to vote at another location in Orono, but today we were able to vote on campus (through absentee ballots) as long as we were residents of Orono. It was nice to get it out of the way and know that on November 4th I won't be standing in mile long lines. You can definitely tell who the popular candidate on this progressive campus is. All of the advertisements about Early Voting had Barack Obama's logo on it. I found that a little bit unfair and bias, but whatever. I love Obama and obviously I voted for him, but again...it was a tad unfair. This was my first time voting in a presidential election, I was 17 in 2004, just shy of being able to vote for Kerry. So, anyway..wahoo! I voted! =)

On another note, I just got finished watching "The Happening" with Cory & Gab.

I practically peed my pants 89 times. The storyline was horrifying, but the horrible acting also made it a little bit funny. Mark Wahlberg should just stop trying. Anyway, it's about these plants that are omitting toxins that make people (in large groups, usually) kill themselves. It's so scary. AHHH! But again, Mark Wahlberg...just stop. Just stop it. 

School is going pretty well. I'm busy and stressed and am looking forward to Thanksgiving. I had a concert last night and then my friend, Jesse, and I went out for drinks...you know, cuz I'm 21. And by "drinks" I mean I drank 1 drink at Margaritas. But, still it was fun. Jesse is one of my only friends who is 21, so she and I decided to celebrate that fact. 

Okay, I need to finish some homework and hit the sack. More soon! Later, gators!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS ON BEING PART OF THE SOLUTION!