Saturday, November 3, 2007

I am bruised.

Okay, well I tried a billion times to get a picture of the MASSIVE bruise on my leg...but none of them came out. SO, I'll just explain to you how disgusting the bruise is. Well, first I'll explain how I don't understand how a bruise that huge came from a not big injury.
Thursday night, I went to see an a capella concert featuring Maine Steiners, Renaissance (which Alyssa is in), Mixed Nuts, and Bear Vocals. It was in DPC 100, which is a big lecture hall. After the show was over (it was a great show, by the way) I was walking through the aisle of one of rows of seats. I was walking kind of fast and I slammed my thigh into one of the seats/desks. Now, it really hurt and everything, but I was not expecting the bruise that followed. On my thigh there lies a RAISED (yes, raised, like bump) black, blue, purple, and red bruise. You can feel the bump through my pants. Is this normal? I just banged my leg, I wasn't shot. Oy vey, bodies are weird.
On another note, I am going to see "Hedda Gabler" tonight. It's UMaine's fall play featuring some people I was in "Bat Boy"t with last year. According the the UMaine theatre website it is "[Henrik] Ibsen's great social drama of a caged woman in the late nineteenth century [who] explores her tormented desire for escape and her yearning for individual and spiritual freedom." Sounds interesting enough. So, yes I'll be seeing that with my friends, Alyssa, Kate, and Ashley. All pretty cool music majors. :)
I'm pretty excited for this week to get going because on Thursday night I am going home and then Friday I am heading to DC for my Aunt Suz' wedding to Grant!!!!! :)
My dad, my brother, my grandfather, and I are driving down on Friday and then driving back Monday. And then Monday night I am coming back to campus and then staying up to register for classes and then having theory at 8am. Joyous. haha. Also, I don't know if I can last 12 hours in the car with 3 Thurston men who are all the same. Should be an interesting trip. Tut and I are going to be arguing over music, I know that much. I can only take just so much Patsy Cline and ABBA. :)
Alright, I need to shower.
Later, gators!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love Hedda Gabbler! Ibsen is Norway's greatest playwright.

Amen on the road trip with those men. Take lots of breaks!

Anonymous said...

Good luck---that's why I fly!!!!

Anonymous said...

you're a college student--you're supposed to have an iPod! bring it
and listen to what ever you so desire!