Sunday, January 28, 2007

with the sun in the morning and the moon in the evening I'm alright...

Hello!
Well, I was SUUUUPER tired last night so I didn't write an entry about how my audition went.
I feel that it went pretty good! I got up around 6:15 and got ready. Then my dad and I drove over to the Asylum Avenue campus at like 7:30. It's a really small campus because it isn't the main University of Hartford campus. It was in a really nice part of Hartford though. So I registered and then we headed over to a dance studio and had the dance portion of the audition. The instructor was INSANE, but so funny. He was like a dance instructor you'd see in the movies. Like he teaches things REALLY fast and is over dramatic about everything. I struggled a little bit, but that is to be expected. Next we had a music theory test which none of us knew we'd be taking. That made me a little big nervous because I'm horrible at music theory, but they told us it had no weight on whether or not we get in. It is only a placement test so that IF I do get in they will know where to place me in a music theory class.
Well, after the dance portion and the music theory test I felt a little bit nervous and I knew I needed to try really hard in the monologue/singing part. I was super nervous but all of the students that were there to help us were super nice. So, finally I went in and did my songs and monologue and I felt like things went really well. I mean, I did my best at least. The selection process at Hartt is really, really tough. Hundreds audition and they only accept like 30 or so, so I know that chances are not in my favor. Thankfully, I am happy here at UMaine so if I don't get in at Hartt, I won't be miserable. If I do get in though...that would be FABULOUS. :) So everyone keep their fingers crossed for me. I should find out in like March or so.
Alright, well I have to go to rehearsal in a bit. So I will write more at another time.
Later, gators. :)

No comments: