Saturday, February 2, 2008

Oh Britney...

...what has happened to you? I wrote a blog much like this one awhile ago...right after Britney had shaved her head. At that point I just thought she was doing stuff for attention...but I officially think her status is scary. I don't think people who don't live in the spotlight can truly understand what a famous person lives with everyday of their lives. I got Rosie O'Donnell's book Celebrity Detox for Christmas and it's definitely and interesting look into the life of a celebrity and the pressure one feels under constant watch. Rosie, of course, didn't start when she was a pre-teen like Britney did. Clearly child stars, of Britney's stature, are over-worked. Think about over-worked pre-teens and teens for just a moment and where they are now. Britney Spears...obviously mentally ill. Michael Jackson...nuff said. Drew Barrymore...drug addict for many years. MaryKate & Ashley Olson...anorexia and now some weird twist with Heath Ledger. Speaking of...with the recent death of Heath Ledger I began thinking about Britney and how I'm certainly frightened the same fate is not far off for her. Maybe I'm just the 5th grade girl that adored Britney Spears, but I truly fear for her life. And I feel like America is addicted to watching her downfall. She needs help and not from Dr. Phil. She needs professional help and to be left alone for like 2 seconds. I'm sure you all think this is a ridiculous post, but I don't. Yeah, maybe she has said some dumb things, maybe she has done some dumb things, maybe she dressed slutty...but she's human. And people forget that...she's a human being and I've always been one to look at people as human first and judge their actions later. I hope she gets better. I miss the old Britney, but I bet she doesn't even know who the real Britney is. She's never been allowed to decide for herself, America has decided for her. And that's scary. Anyway...I just felt the need to say it. Mock it all you want, I don't care! =) Later, gators.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Its never ridiculous to be concerned about someone.

Jennifer Breton said...

You obviously know I agree with this post. I am terrified for her as well. I just wish she could live the rest of her life not being famous because it's been about 10 years now without a camera in her face. It's so sad.