Friday, February 1, 2008

So busy...

Hey everyone. Sorry I haven't written in a few days...I'm super busy. I go pretty much straight from 9am til 9pm...so I don't usually get a whole lot of time to write an entry. Between Figaro rehearsals and my ensembles and classes and voice lessons and everything else that I squeeze into 12 hours, I am pretty pooped by the end of it. It's great, don't get me wrong! It just doesn't leave a whole lot of time to do anything else but sleep (and maybe some homework hehe). And I've got added stress because a week from Monday I am singing in recital lab. What's recital lab you ask? Well, every Monday from 2:00-3:00 all the music students congregate in Minsky Recital Hall and we listen to our peers. Every music student who is taking applied lessons (private lessons in their field, whether it be voice or instrumental) is required to perform at least once in Recital Lab per semester. 1st year music students are exempt from performing our first semester, so this semester will be my first time performing...I'm kind of nervous. It's nerve racking to perform in front of peers!! But I am sure it will go fine. And I'm pretty comfortable with the song I am singing.
Alright, well I should really get some sleep! Later, gators!

PS:
Come see The Marriage of Figaro!!!!
February 15, 16, 17, 22, 23, 24!!!
Call 581-1755 for tickets and
visit the UMaine School of Performing Arts website for more info on the show!

No comments: