Thursday, May 3, 2007

It's the eye of the tiger, it's the thrill of the fight...

Though it's kind of hard to see, those are people walking down the street outside of my dorm playing instruments yesterday....at 9am. Yes, the Maine Day (LOUD) parade. You might be asking "how did you wake up so fast to get pictures?!" Well, I was only half sleeping. I had been awoken at 8am by my RA running down the hall with a kazoo and a drum screaming "IT'S MAINE DAY, WAKE UP!" So when I started hearing the blare of the fire trucks and the band, I just finally gave up on sleeping and got up and took some pictures. Maine Day was pretty fun! I lounged for a bit and then Sara and I went with a couple other girls over to the BBQ. It was pretty yummy. Then I took pictures of Sara and some of her friends doing this sorority "Turtle Tug" event. It was Tug-O-War in green jello. Rather amusing. Check these out:
It was pretty entertaining. After that I came back to the dorm and chilled for awhile. Sara and I then went to Bangor to run a few errands. Then my friend Arielle and I went to Broadway Night here on campus. It was done by the THE 480 class. It was cute.
Today has been pretty run o' the mill. I had my last speech and spanish classes. Thank goodness. I realized today just how much I have to do before now and a week from now. So, I made a detailed list of what I need to do day by day. So, I have stopped stressing a little.
Well, the 2 hour episode of Grey's is on, so gotta get to it.
Later, gators!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ohhhh. I remember Maine Day. How fun. I am glad you are enjoying the U of M.