Monday, December 3, 2007

SNOW DAY!!!!!...kind of.

So, today was a snow day...of sorts. My first class of the day was supposed to be at 10am. Alyssa's first class on Mondays is at 9 so I told her last night that if when she woke up and there was a snow day to WAKE ME UP and tell me! So, I woke up around 7 for some reason so I decided to call 581-SNOW (the number which tells us if class is canceled) and it said classes were going to be going on as scheduled. So, I was bummed, but went back to sleep. I heard Alyssa get up at 8, check her e-mail, and then go back to bed, so I got hopeful that maybe they had canceled classes. My alarm went off at 9, I called 581-SNOW again and it still said the same thing. Alyssa said that her teacher had canceled her first class, so I checked my e-mail and to my delight, my 10 am class was CANCELED. Now, the teacher in my 10am class is married to the teacher of my 1pm class, so I checked that class folder and sure enough my 1pm class was canceled as well. All that left was piano class at 11 and recital lab at 2. SO, I went back to bed for an hour and then got up and got ready to go to piano class. Right before leaving for piano I checked my phone and saw that I had a text message from the university. Yes, a text message. After Virgina Tech the school started this new text messaging alert thing that is supposed to be used for emergencies, but apparently they use it for cancellations as well because the text said that all classes starting at noon or after were canceled. BUT that still meant I had to go to piano. So, I made the trek to piano class. The picture is from the front step of my dorm. That was at 10:45AM...it looks like it's the evening. So, anyways, I went to piano, then came back, ate some lunch and then Alyssa and I went to our friend, Arielle's room. We played Wii. It was pretty fun. Here are some pictures:
Alyssa playing:

Me Playing:


And Arielle playing:


Okay, until next time...later, gators!!!

1 comment: