Sunday, December 16, 2007

UMaine trudges on!

Tonight's forecast, as you can see, looks grim. On any other normal day tomorrow's classes would probably be canceled, but this will not be the case for December 17, 2007. For tomorrow is the first day of finals week and there is literally no time to make-up finals.
"Oh, the horror! What about those students who live off campus? They should risk their lives to take a test?"
Now, don't you worry about that, because UMaine has a solution for even that!
And that solution lies in this little plan:

Greetings:


There is a large storm forecasted for Sunday and Sunday night. Because of this we are keeping the Memorial Union open 24 hours on Sunday. Please feel free to utilize the Union as a base and feel free to spend the night studying here. We can only provide the space - no amenities will be offered after 9 PM ( though we'll have coffee and cookies available in the lobby until we run out!) - but if you'd like, feel free to set up your study camp here in the Union.

Robert Q. Dana
Vice President for Student Affairs and Dean of Students

This cracks me up for some reason. A bunch of people camping out in the union? Silly. Though, I, just like the next person, DO NOT want to have to be here any longer than needed, so I say, more power to the school for creating a refuge for commuters. BUT maybe, just maybe they'll plan better scheduling next year and leave a little leeway for storms because, let's be honest, we have them a lot.
Okay, bedtime for me.
Later, gators!

1 comment:

Jennifer Breton said...

Hey Sarah. I just got your comment. Mom told me you left two. I didn't even see. haha. I don't really go on AIM anymore. I have one that is Shane4Wax and I still have TheBritneyGurl, but I neve use either. My e-mail is TangerineRP312@aol.com I use the e-mail, but not the AIM. I just don't really talk to people on there anymore. Yeah, I didn't know I didn't tell you I was driving! I've had it for a few months! And yeah, Hannaford. ha ha. I'm making a lot more money there and I get to wear this pimp chef coat! ha ha. Well, catch up with you soon!