Saturday, March 10, 2007

it's progress!

Most people that know me well know that I despise driving. It makes me nervous, I get stressed while doing it, I find it boring, etc. I do it only when I ABSOLUTELY need to and the rest of the time I am riding passenger. I like riding in cars a bunch, long distances even, but I just don't like being behind the wheel. Before today I hadn't driven since August, mostly because I don't have my own car and I am at school most of the time, but also just because I try to avoid it at all costs. I made a pact with myself this break that I would drive a little just so I could get back into the swing of things and because I realize that in life driving is a necessary evil. Hopefully I'll be city-bound after college though and I won't need a car. SO anyway, I drove today!! Granted my dad was in the car and it was only for like 20 minutes, but still I did it! I am making progress. Maybe someday I won't hate it as much.
I bought a book today. It's by Jodi Picoult. I'd never heard of her before I saw her newest novel featured in People magazine. Her newest sounded really great so I went to the bookstore today in search of it and 0nly found it in hardcover and I didn't want to spend 27 dollars on a book so I went to see if she had any other books. To my delight she had 14 other novels!! After reading the blurbs to most of them, I picked one called Perfect Match. All of them seemed like they'd be great though so I think I'll read the rest of them while I wait for her newest, Nineteen Minutes, to be sold in paperback. I always like to find a good book.
Alright, a good SVU is on so I'm going to watch that.
Later, gators!!!

No comments: