Saturday, March 17, 2007

school, glorious, school!

Here I am at home on the last day before I head back to school and I couldn't be more excited to get back to professors, and tests, and a cramped dorm room, and public bathrooms, and cafeteria food, and everything else.
Because UMaine is pretty much the only school that has a Spring Break these two weeks... pretty much NO ONE is home. I don't understand how people take a year off from college. Granted, they have work to go to during the day (hopefully) but even so where in the world is the social life? All the friends from home are at school and there are no new friends to meet. I have been so bored this vacation it's not even funny. I found myself getting excited about trips to Wal-Mart with my mother...now THAT'S sad.
Don't get me wrong, it's always nice to be home, to be back to the familiar, but if you have no one to enjoy it with it can get pretty lonely. I look forward to getting back to school, what has become my normalcy, and this summer home will be much for fun when those people I relate HOME with are HOME as well.
Later, gators.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I get excited about Walmart too. I love those low prices.