Thursday, April 5, 2007

A SNOW DAY!!...in APRIL?!

Last night I went to bed with little hope that we would have a snow day today. I mean, c'mon! In April? That's just silly! When I woke up at 7 this morning I was dreading having to get up and walk to class. I decided that I would call 581-SNOW to see if maybe JUST maybe we had a snow day though I highly doubted it.
To my complete surprise and delight I heard:
Because of the snow storm classes scheduled to be in before noon today are canceled.
I couldn't believe it! I even woke up Sara I was so excited. So, I slept until 11, got up, took a shower, ate lunch and then headed over to chorus (the only class I have after 12) only to find the door locked and the classroom dark. Almost as immediately as I noticed this my friend Erin called and said that chorus had been canceled. Though it was exciting to not have class I was a little perturbed that I had walked ALL the way over there in the snow only to have to walk back. Oh well!! Tonight I am going to study for my geology test tomorrow, watch UMaine hockey in the frozen four, and sleep. Tomorrow I have 2 classes and then I am going home so that I can spend some time with Chris before he flies back to Minnesota on Monday. It'll be a bittersweet weekend, but in no time at all he'll be home for summer. So yay! Alright, gotta go!
Later, gators.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hooray for snow days!