Sunday, April 15, 2007

What can you see on the horizon?


Well, since I last wrote things have been pretty good!!
On Thursday, Sara, Alyssa and I went to see "Betty's Summer Vacation". Some of my friends from Bat Boy were in it (shout-out to Alec, Anthony, Phaelon, Lydia, Sarah, and Toby!). It was FANTASTIC, really bizarre, but absolutely hilarious. It's by Christopher Durang who is known for his absurdest works of art.
In case you're interested, here is the synopsis on the UMaine School of Performing Arts website:
"Looking for a little rest and time by herself, Betty rents a summer share at the beach. But Betty's luck turns to delicious lunacy when she gets drawn into the chaotic world of some very unsavory housemates - her friend Trudy, who talks too much; the lewd, seminaked Buck, who tries to have sex with everyone; and Keith, a serial killer who hides in his room with a mysterious hatbox. With sand between her toes, walking a thin line between sanity and survival, poor Betty will leave her summer vacation more terrorized than tan. Death, destruction, mayhem—Betty finds it all in her seaside retreat."
At times it was really unsettling and uncomfortable, but the acting was great and it was like side-splitting laughter. So, yes, Thursday was good.
Friday, I woke up in hopes that I wouldn't have class because of the storm, but no such luck. So, I got up, logged onto my computer, and found out that my first class had been canceled by the professor anyway!!!! So, needless to say, I jumped right back into bed and slept for another hour. Nothing too exciting happened last night, I finished the book I was reading, but that is about it.
Tonight(Saturday)...I had a collegiate chorale concert, which went pretty well. We sang some cool songs. My favorite was an arrangement of Annie Lenox's "Into The West" which was arranged by a UMaine student, which is always cool. He also conducted it.
After that I came back to the dorm and found out that Chantal, Corey, and Dan were on their way for a visit. So, Sara, Chantal, Corey, Dan, and I all went out to Applebee's and had appetizers. It was a good time. Then we hung out with Nick and Sean for awhile, it was funny. I laughed a lot.
Tomorrow, I am going to do homework and maybe catch the matinee of "Betty's" again because it was that entertaining.

Until next time!!
Later, gators.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Did you see that Michael Hein is in the news again? He commented on how Augusta is better off now that Delia's restaurant had to close, even though several people lost their jobs. He was glad because the owner was gay. There is a response letter to the ditor in the KJ today.