Tuesday, February 27, 2007

i can show you the world...

I hate alarm clocks, well, actually, any alarm in general. I think they are obnoxious. I dread hearing my phone alarm going off at 7:10 AM on Tuesdays and Thursdays. DREAD IT!!!
It's rather funny the way people automatically react to any sort of alarm. It's like we're trained that when we hear loud annoying noises we must move. Think about it. Whenever we had fire drills at school, everyone would react in the same way without thinking twice about it. Drop your stuff, and get out. I mean I guess it's a good thing considering if there was a real fire and no one reacted they'd get hurt.
Speaking of fires, Slates Restaurant in Hallowell is pretty destroyed after catching on fire on Sunday afternoon. Go here to read more about it. It's really a bummer. Slates was one of the better restaurants in the central Maine area. Hopefully they'll be able to operate again. I'll keep my fingers crossed.
3 days until vacation!!!! Woooot!
Alright, I've got to go to Spanish before too long.
Later, gators.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so sad to hear about Slates! I don't like alarm clocks either. I generally wake up 1 minute before they go off - sick huh?

Anonymous said...

NOOOOOOOOO... I love Slates. I was trying to get Ma and Deanna to go to brunch there just that morning!